The solution to your grain-free dog food concerns
• Only 54% of the 77 dogs in the DCM (canine heart disease) study were feeding grain free diets (1)
• Any correlation between these diets and the taurine deficiency thought to be associated with DCM is tenuous and “speculative” (2)
• Heat-damaged and poor quality protein sources are a risk for taurine deficiency and possibly DCM” (2)
Grandma Mae’s Country Naturals uses only high-quality proteins processed with a slow-cook low temperature process which prevents heat damage. The proteins in our foods are over 70% from animal sources.
Grandma Mae’s Country Naturals pet foods are supplemented to high levels of Methionine, the key building block of taurine. This allows the dog to make its own taurine as it naturally does, unimpeded
(1) Dr. Joseph Wakshlag, Cornell University Vet School
(2) Whole Dog Journal, September 2018